Monday, February 27, 2012

My Journey continues...

I thought I'd give a quick update..... Things are going really good. I still have no regrets with having the surgery. I'm actually happy I had it. It has helped me SO much. I have lost around 45 pounds. I think that I've hit a point where I'm going to have to work hard to lose more weight. No, Im not gaining, but not losing fast either. My doctor said to start a weight lifting program.  I orders Zumba and did my first workout today and totally LOVED IT!! My goal is to do one Zumba workout a day. Boy, am I out of shape. I thought I was going to faint towards the end of that workout.
  Emotionally, I feel better than I have in a very long time. I can't remember feeling like this.  The jeans that I was able to get in to, my "maybe one day jeans" became too big. I was able to go into Sears and buy a pair of jeans , in the regular womens side of the clothes, not plus size. I didn't have to go through a bunch of different brands to find one that I could squeeze in to. I bought the first pair that I tried on! It may sound silly but this is a BIG deal for me. Prior to surgery, I was a size 18/20. The jeans I just bought are a size 14. For me, Im happy! I only bought one pair because I'm hoping for a 12 in the near future. So, for me, I just feel great emotionally.
 Physically, I feel really good also. Almost no headaches! And, able to walk, jog, do an entire workout tape, play basketball. Its an awesome feeling. When I was a kid, I would feel good after gymnastics or a game of basketball. Now, it's all coming back, how good it actually feels to exercise!
  It has helped me in every area of my life. To put it in a nutshell, I just feel happy. I am looking forward to MAY1st, when we move into our new house and SO excited about who will join our family through adoption, hopefully this summer!

1 comment:

  1. what a great place to be!! congratulations on a big loss!! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete