Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 3 Post op (thursday)

 Well, my doctor said that it's not good to sit around . He wants me to move and walk around. So, I went to church last night. I had started taking a class last Wednesday night called "Balancing Life's Demands" and I didn't want to miss class because it's such a good class and Im learning a lot so, me and the kids went to church. The bad part was that I feel so busy with the kids that I don't think to keep sipping on fluids all day. And, I don't really get hungry or thirsty. It's kindof like I have to remind myself to eat/drink. By the time we got to church, I knew I needed something. The kids ate dinner there at church. I wanted something. I ordered a pudding cup and a slurpee. No, it wasn't sugar free but guess what? It was one of the best tasting slurpees ever : ) See, my body won't let me have but so much. So, I probably didn't even have a half a cup of the slurpee, maybe a few bites of pudding.
  I started to get a sore throat and this morning, I realized I had thrush. I knew what it was because my mom has gotten it a few times. The nurse told me at the hospital that there was a chance of me getting it . I called my doctor today and he called in the medicine for me. Anyway, it's not too much fun because I can't force fluids like you would usually with thrush.
   Ive lost about 8 pounds since Monday. Im having a hard time getting enough calories in and finding something that actually tastes decent. I can handle some of the protein drinks but I just can't live off of them. I went to the Center for Weight Loss store and bought a tomato soup, and strawberry smoothie drinks, hot chocolate. Well, the soup was sooooo Nasty!.. Yuck! and the strawberry smoothie drink is super strong tasting and just plain gross. So, after realizing that Ive had about 200 calories yesterday, I knew I had to find something that I can eat that I halfway like. So, I bought some delicious Campbells Tomato soup. For lunch today, I had a half a can of soup, mixed with skim milk and it was yummy! I've had a little nutrients so my brain is working again..It did take atleast 30 minutes to eat because I have to go so so slow. So, Im realizing what works for me and what doesn't. I guess everyone is different. I seem to not be sensitive to anything, which is great. I just have to go really really slow. If I can make it to the 24th, Ill be able to start adding some things.
   So, physically, Im feeling better. And, as I see myself losing weight, Im feeling better emotionally too. Im starting to have different outlooks on my life and truly feel better about things. Right now, Im glad that Ive had the surgery. There are times in my day that I just want to eat the same things my family is eating and I can feel depressed. But, I know in a few months, I will be able to, just in much smaller amounts.
  So, that's my update for today : )

No comments:

Post a Comment