Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day before surgery

Day before surgery:
    Wow, there's so many feelings/emotions going on today. Im scared, nervous, excited, happy, and sad. I've been mentally going over why I decided to have this weight loss surgery. Mainly , because I'm really tired of having a headache. I have Psuedotumor Cerebri or Intracranial hypertention. It usually effects women of child bearing age , who are overweight. I haven't been back to my neurologist or my orthopedic doctor since they both told me to lose weight. I think I finally reached a point that I was done being overweight, ready to find out of it really will cure my headaches, and to be able to have a ACL surgery on my knees and it work, and I can play with my kids. Im 33, I want to ride my bike, to exercise, and to live an active life. Theres also a second reason that I'm having this surgery. I want to feel better about myself. I want to enjoy shopping, know I can fit in cute clothes and be a happier person.
  So, here goes. I have to be at the hospital tomorrow at 7am, surgery is at 9am. They say the surgery may take two hours. But, it's outpatient so I will be coming home the same day. Its a good thing because Im just like my momma when it comes to a hospital stay... LOL.
  Today, I've had to be on a liquid diet. It's no fun at all. They say that the part of my stomach that they are removing is the part that produces the hormone that makes you feel hungry. So, Im not supposed to feel hungry for a few months. I won't lie, Im dreading the next couple months. I try and focus on what I'll be able to eat and drink about six months post op because it's basically a "small plate". But, getting there will be HARD. Ill be on a liquid diet for the next two weeks.
  I want to keep a record of this journey and will try and update my blog often : )

No comments:

Post a Comment