Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday update

I'll probably update this blog every other day since there's not too many daily changes...
     Im feeling better everyday. I have about 6 pain pills left. I broke them in half, to start to taper off of the pain medicine. I tried just cold turkey stopping but it just hurt too bad. I have 6 incisions on my stomach.  5 are laproscopic and 1 isn't. So, that 1 incision, where they removed my stomach hurts. Mainly if I've been sitting down and I go to stand up, that's when it really hurts. But I have noticed how medicine effects me so different now. Prior to surgery, I could take just about anything and "keep going". I barely knew I took anything. Medicines like adivan or phenergan for nausea. Well, twice now, I've taken a phenergan for nausea and I only took ONE. WOW, I could not "keep going". It completely knocked me out. I was sooooo tired and just had to go to sleep. So, as far as my pain medicine goes, even if I have pain, I will not refil that medicine. Addiction runs in my family and Im aware of that and that is why Im so funny about pain medicine.
    Yesterday, again, I seemed to be so busy. I went and opened a checking account for Charlie. She works at Chick fil a and she now has a checking account with a debit card. So, that took some time, then I had to run home, get the kids, have charlie sign for the account. Then, meet Scott at the eye doctor for the girls to get their glasses. So, bottom line, lots of running around and being busy. I know I did NOT get the right amount of water or protein. Im supposed to get around 100 grams of protein a day and I may have had 10 grams yesterday. Something happened to my taste buds or well, I don't know. I just don't want a chocolate or vanilla protein drink. The taste will make me gag. I went and bought some Cream of Wheat and grits. I have tried both of them and it was nice to have something "real".
   I went on youtube this morning and was looking for ideas of how to get the protein in other ways. I am feeling really encouraged about something I saw. There was a lady who found a protein drink. They sell it at GNC. Its called "Protein Blitz". It's fruit punch or other fruit flavors, kindof like gatorade. It has 30 grams of protein and 1 carb.. So, I will most definitely be going to get some of that to try. I sure hope it works. I know when I am able to eat chicken and beans, I will be able to get some protein in but until then, this may just work.
  Yesterday was friday and at my house, it's pizza night. Im trying to keep life as normal as possible for my kids. So, they ordered pizza. Well, when I smelled the pizza and just saw my family eating normal, it hit me again. At that moment, I just wanted to be normal. Scotty just happened to get the mail and hand me a card that my sweet 9th grade girls at church sent me. Awww, it just made my day! It was just what I needed. I just had to remind myself that in a couple months, I WILL be able to have a slice of pizza..not the thick pizza hut type but a very thin slice, sure. I will get there in time.
  I do not regret having this surgery. It's not the easy way out like some people think. It's still a lot of work, both physically and mentally.
   I'm really looking forward to  going to church tomorrow : )  And, life will get a little more normal feeling everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment