Monday, January 9, 2012

Surgery Day

I made it through surgery! Thank you to everyone for all of your prayers!! My brother, Troy , took me this morning. He was such a trooper and did all he could to calm my nerves.
  We got to the hospital at 7am, they directed us to go right upstairs . We didn't even have to wait, right to the room I went. I got changed into a hospital gown and had to answer all kinds of questions. Then, for about a hour, we just waited . Troy distracted my mind by talking to me and it helped a lot.
  Around 9am, they gave me a medicine that made me completely calm and off to surgery I went. I woke up in the recovery room around 11am. I was shocked at how fast everything went. Soon, after, I went to another post op room and twenty minutes later, went and had a xray to be sure there were no leaks. Then, I came back to the post op room for about thirty minutes, and then I was discharged... WOW..
  Troy drove me home. I felt bad, he had been up early and stayed with me at the hospital. I tried to make him go home and he would not listen to me. He stayed with me until Scott got home.
  So, the surgery went well and there's no leaks. I won't lie, Im in A LOT of pain. Im hoping to get the pain under control with the pain medicine that they sent me home with.  Im amazed at how an ounce or two can make me feel full. Im trying to sip on liquids, often.
  Im on a two week diet of liquids. That has been hard emotionally. I looked in my surgery book and read that I can have fat free frozen yogurt. So, I asked Scott to go get a few things so I feel like I am having something.
  Over the next couple days, my goal is to stay hydrated and get my pain under control.
  Im trying to get closer to God. With God, I will get through this. Thank you Troy for everything. And thank you Scott for being supportive and going to get things from the store for me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment